For Mum (and anyone else who is curious) my holiday itinerary is below but if you want to know where I am staying and how I am travelling around then you need to login to Tripit.com and ask to view my plans!
- 14 – 15 October – Travelling to London, UK.
- 16 – 17 October – London, visiting Eltham Palace and the Victoria & Albert Museum to see Opus Anglicanum.
- 18 – 20 October – Aberdeen Scotland, visiting Dunnottar Castle, the Gordon Highlanders Museum, St Machar’s Cathedral, the Aberdeen & NE Scotland Family History Society and possibly a whisky distillery or two.
- 21 – 23 October – Edinburgh Scotland, visiting Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the National Museum of Scotland.
- 24 October – Durham, visiting Durham Cathedral.
- 25 – 27 October – Hadrian’s Wall, hopefully walking and visiting Corbridge Roman Town, Chesters Fort, Vindolanda, Alnwick Castle and Dunstanburgh Castle.
- 28 October – Birmingham, visiting the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.
- 29 October – 2 November – back in London, visiting Westminister Abbey, the Wallace Collection, seeing Carmina Burana at Royal Albert Hall, plus day trips to Oxford and Cambridge.
- 3 – 8 November – touring southern England to see Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral, Fishbourne Roman Palace and to visit the parish churches in Long Sutton, Somerset, and Rolvenden, Kent.
- 9 November – rest day in London.
- 10 – 14 November – visiting the Somme in the Picardy region of France to attend remembrance ceremonies at Thiepval Memorial, Abbeville Cemetery and Beaumont-Hamel Memorial.
- 15 – 18 November – Dublin Ireland, visiting the National Archives, the General Register Office and the Book of Kells.
- 19 – 21 November – Belfast Northern Ireland, visiting the Public Record Office and the Titanic Experience.
- 22 – 29 November – London again, visiting lots of Museums and doing some shopping.
- 30 November – 2 December – attending a conference for work.
- 3 – 4 December – travelling back to Melbourne.
Check out this map for more details: